Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Gasing.... baw


A "Gasing" or top spinning is a popular game nowadays. This is the traditionl games for Malaysian in the past. They believed that Gasing contest were held during the rice-ripening season and would help them bring a good harvest.

This is the most favorite pastime of my brother after he came from school, and I doubt he played it in school too. Being caught him playing this on the yard, Im really worried of the possible consequent event. Mostly young child play these gasing it's widely known here as kasing. One time I warned him not to play, but he's totally hardheaded, he dont even listen to my mum. So Im trying to steal his gasing but I didn't make it. What I did is persuade him to barter something, hence, he's a little big bro. now so he is not contented of chips. I did buy his gasing to make him stop playing. But oh, I did a first step, as every journey begins with a first step, so I make my move I did steal his rope. So that he can't play the game. These really makes me worry too much coz Im concerned about him and he might be accidentally hurt anybody. So who will be the responsible of the medicine expenses and the hospital bills of course yours truly. So before that happens I make my move to stop him doing this game anymore.

We really dont know what will happen having played these thing on. So I really pressured my brother not to play this game anymore. As I hear different kinds of issue about these game. A young man just watching and he get wounded on her head after another young child spin on. It is possible to hurt, really, as it have a sharp edge on the end. There's a nail on the center of the sphere shape of the wood and they twirl the rope around the ball and spin on the plain area. So the inevitable occurs that can be harmful to anybody even just watching.

Im pretty success of stopping my brother not to play, Im glad he's not playing anymore. Though this game is just a seasonal game here in our country but Im concerned and protecting and evading not to caused any trouble for anybody. Im just sharing a small topic that makes me concerned for anyone, so if everyone does please refrain and evade not to hurt someone else. Though it's popular in other countries but it's a game with a price maybe, or they do it for their traditions but some here are just playing without knowing for the positive outcomes. Playing gasing just for fun and enjoyment is just a waste of time. It would be nice to play Gasing or top spinning with dedication or something playing with a hint of winning for the price. It would be a waste of time playing for nothing and may caused harm. So before causing any harmful effects much better to evade.









4 comments:

maiylah said...

we call them kasing at home, too .. i remember my older brother playing with one of those, but it didn't last long. :)

insikwa said...

yeah, thats good, thats why i do my best to let my bro stop playing. Thanks for the sharing ur thoughts here.

nanaygin said...

we call this trumpo around here in manila. It's still popular every summer but more and more kids are using the safer kind. The one made of plastic and cone-like end instead of the one similar to the picture.

Heart of Rachel said...

Those are colorful "gasings". It's a fun game.

Thanks for visiting my site.

DEARLY-DEAR

ss_blog_claim=fc9d6766a862a430c5de60f1c5b2caec ss_blog_claim=fc9d6766a862a430c5de60f1c5b2caec